MUNICIPAL DISTRICT UPDATES - Follow our website and social media platforms for latest updates.

Voting Information

Voter Eligibility

Advance polls and election day polls are held at the RM of Edenwold municipal office at 100 Hutchence Road, Emerald Park, SK. All polling information is announced on the RM website, social media sites, in local post offices, and on signage at the RM office.

Who Can Vote? 

To be eligible to vote, you must be at least 18 years old, be a Canadian citizen, and qualify as one of the following:

  • A resident in the RM of Edenwold No. 158 for at least three consecutive months immediately preceding the day of the election;
  • The registered owner (or purchaser under a bona fide agreement for sale) of land in the RM;
  • Assessed with respect to land in the RM under a lease, license, permit, or contract in agreement with the registered owner;
  • Assessed with respect to an improvement in the RM;
  • Hold a permit in the RM with respect to a trailer or mobile home;
  • A spouse of a person mentioned in above; or
  • The chief executive officer of a duly incorporated co-operative, corporation or religious association that is assessed on the last revised assessment roll with respect to property in the RM that is not exempt from taxation.

Councillors are elected by voters qualifying to vote in the division they are seeking election to represent. The bottom right corner of your RM property tax notice contains the information about the division you live in.

Valid identification to use at polls

To vote you must provide valid identification with your photo, name and address. Bringing government issued photo ID is your best option. Other options include:

  • A valid Saskatchewan Driver's Licence;
  • A valid Saskatchewan ID card issued by SGI or any motor licence issuer;
  • Any other valid government issued photo ID issued by a Canadian government whether federal, provincial or municipal, or an agency of that government, so long as it includes your name and address; or
  • A Canadian passport is not an acceptable form of photo identification because it does not contain your address. However, a Canadian passport can be used as identification if paired with another document that has your name and address on it.

Non -Photo ID Options

If you don't have photo identification and are unable to obtain photo-ID before election day, you can present two other pieces of information, as long as both contain your name and at least one contains your address. Your options include:

  • Valid ID cards or certificates issued by the Canadian or Saskatchewan government, a Saskatchewan municipality or school division, a Saskatchewan Indian band, the Métis Nation of  Saskatchewan, or an agency of one of these entities.
  • Personal correspondence, benefit/contribution statements, and tax/assessment notices issued by any of the above entities;
  • Bank/credit union cards, credit cards, and statements;
  • Utility bills and statements issued within six months of the date of the election; or
  • Personalized attestation of residence, letter of stay, or admission form issued by a seniors or student residence, long term care, or shelter facility.


A person without acceptable ID but who is accompanied by another voter who has acceptable ID and is entitled to vote at the same polling place can be vouched for by that individual using the form available at the polling station from an election official.

A voter with acceptable ID may only vouch for one other person, except for immediate family members living at the same address as the voucher.

A person who has been vouched for cannot vouch for another voter.

Election officials, candidates, and candidate's agents are prohibited from vouching.

More information can be found in the Election Guide for Saskatchewan Municipalities