Office Procedures

Administration Calendar

January –Year End Preparation
February – Audit 
March/April – Budget Preparations
April/May – Preparation of the Assessment Roll 
June – Municipal Hail Roll 
August – Prepare and levy taxes for the year
September – Interim Statement of School Taxes
October/November – Rural Elections

Methods of Payment

  • Cash
  • Cheque
  • Debit
  • On-line Electronic Bill Payment 
  • On-line Credit Card Payments through third-party "Plastiq"

Electronic bill payment service through your bank or home computer is now available to our ratepayers to remit payment for taxes and the water/sewer utility. 

 We do recommend that you contact your bank for assistance in setting up the service to ensure that your on-line payment is applied to the appropriate account correctly. Please make your payment a minimum of 3 days prior to any deadline - your payment is receipted in our office when our bank actually receives the payment. 

The Municipality will have two customer accounts; the first will be set up for TAXES only and the second for UTILITY only.

Credit card payments are accepted through our website only through a third-party called "Plastiq". You need to click on the "Pay Now" icon on the right hand side of the home page of our website and create an account with Plastiq. Once you have an account set up, you may pay your taxes, utility or other invoices with a credit card. Payments may take 3-5 business days to process. A Plastiq service fee will be applied (2.5% for credit cards, 1% for debit cards). We cannot accept credit card payments over the phone.


All concerns and complaints relating to municipal affairs must be submitted to the Administration Office in writing; the written notice must be signed by the complainant before the matter is discussed by Council.

RM maps

Municipal maps are available at the Administration Office.

  • $10.00 for ratepayers
  • $15.00 for non-ratepayers

If a map is to be mailed to you the cost is $17.00 and prepayment is required.

Grid Road Maps are $3.00 each.

Dominion Land Grant Maps  -  $10.00 each


The development of any approach onto property within the municipality requires the prior approval of Council. A complete application form must be completed along with a site sketch and, upon approval, the approach shall be installed to municipal specifications and the installation shall be the responsibility of the landowner. During road construction, existing approaches may be altered or moved at the cost of the municipality, provided the landowner submits the request prior to the construction. 

Application Form

Business Licences

All persons doing business within the R.M. of Edenwold, and who are not assessed for that business, are required to obtain a licence from the Administration Office.  A Business Licence is $100.00 and valid for one (1) year from the date of purchase.  Applications will generally be processed within 3 business days.

Application Form

Special Occasion Permits

The Administrator is authorized by Council to grant permission, on the Municipality’s behalf, to any person, corporation or group wishing to obtain a Special Occasion Permit from Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming for any location within this municipality’s boundaries. As a condition of approval of the above-noted permit, the applicant shall comply with any and all other required provincial Acts and Regulations.

SLGA Request for Municipal Approval Form and Requirements

The Administrator, at his discretion, may submit an application to Council if he deems appropriate.

Discharging Fireworks on Private Property

Discharging Fireworks on Private Property

The RM of Edenwold No. 158 does not have a restriction about discharging Low Hazard  fireworks (High Hazard fireworks are NOT allowed) on private property in residential subdivisions or rural areas, although we do have a Fire Ban Bylaw that states if a fire ban is issued (by resolution of Council), then fireworks will be restricted during that time frame.  We recommend you check our website, prior to discharging fireworks to ensure there is no fire ban issued.

Please remember:

  • Low Hazard Fireworks are allowed (High Hazard Fireworks are NOT allowed).
  • Purchase your fireworks from a reliable source and follow the manufacturers’ instructions.
  • Never experiment or make your own fireworks and stay away from illegal explosives.
  • Only discharge fireworks in a clear area with no overhead obstructions and at a safe distance from spectators. You're responsible for any debris that may land on your spectators or another property.
  • Make sure it isn't windy when you're ready to discharge the fireworks.
  • Wait at least 30-minutes before cleaning up. Dispose of fireworks and debris in a pail of water.
  • Never attempt to re-light or fix the fuse of fireworks that didn't go off.
  • Always keep a bucket of water or a garden hose nearby for emergencies.