Taxes are due December 31, 2021. Early payment discounts also apply.
Municipal mill rate: 4.74 mills
Mill rate factors:
School (PVSD) mill rates (set by province):
AG: 1.36 mills
RES: 4.46 mills
COM/IND: 6.75 mills
RESOURCE: 9.79 mills (Jump to formula graphic for assessment)
Early tax payment discounts
Annual taxes are levied in August of each year and are due December 31. The following discounts apply for the prompt payment of current taxes on the municipal portion of the tax levy.
- 5 % if paid by September 30
- 4 % if paid by October 31
- 2 % if paid by November 30
Percentage of Value
Education Mill Rate
SAMA View online tool
In 2021, SAMA undertook a province-wide reassessment of property within the province. This reassessment shifted and increased some property values for our ratepayers. For more information about the process and resulting changes visit: this link
We also have more information on our website at: this link to the Assessment page on our website.
Methods of payment for taxes and utilities
- Cash - in person during regular office hours at 100 Hutchence Rd in Emerald Park
- Cheque - as above; drop off or mail in. Note: post-marked cheques are not accepted - cheques must be received by the office prior to deadlines
- Debit - check your bank-set daily purchase limits.
- On-line electronic bill payment - Through your financial instituation (agin, check your daily purchase limits). Online payments must be made a minimum of four business days prior to due date.***
- On-line credit card payments through "Plastiq" (payments may take three to five business days to process. Credit card payments are accepted through our website via: "Plastiq". You need to click on the "Pay Now" icon on the right hand side of the home page of our website and create an account with Plastiq. Payments may take three to five business days to process. A Plastiq service fee will be applied (2.85% for credit cards, 1% for debit cards). We cannot accept credit card payments over the phone.
.***Electronic bill payment service is available through most financial institutions' online platforms. Please make your payment a minimum of four business days prior to any due date. Your payment is receipted in our office when our bank actually receives the payment. The municipality has two customer accounts: the first for TAXES only and the second for UTILITY only.