Municipal mill rate factors 2020 features tax relief for all residents - due to 2020 pandemic context with a 15 per cent reduction of mill rate and no utility late fees or penalties. Taxes are due: December 31, 2020. Early payment discounts also apply.
School (PVSD) mill rates (set by province):
AG: 1.43 mills
RES: 4.12 mills
COM/IND: 6.27 mills
RESOURCE: 9.68 mills (Jump to formula graphic for assessment)
Early tax payment discounts
Annual taxes are levied in August of each year and are due December 31. The following discounts apply for the prompt payment of current taxes on the municipal portion of the tax levy.
- 5 % if paid by September 30
- 4 % if paid by October 31
- 2 % if paid by November 30
Methods of Payment for Taxes and Utilities
- Cash (while the municipal office is closed to the public, a drop box is set up in the entryway at 100 Hutchence Road)
- Cheque (post-marked cheques are not accepted - cheques must be received by the office prior to deadlines)
- On-line bill payment (Online payments from your financial institution must be made a minimum of four business days prior to due date)
- On-line credit card payments through "Plastiq" (payments may take 3 - 5 business days to process)
For on-line bill service through your bank: please make your payment a minimum of four business days prior to any deadline - your payment is receipted in our office when our bank receives the payment. The Municipality has two customer accounts: the first for TAXES only and the second for UTILITY only.
Credit card payments are accepted through our website home page via: "Plastiq". Payments may take three to five business days to process. A Plastiq service fee will be applied (2.85% for credit cards, 1% for debit cards). We cannot accept credit card payments over the phone.
Percentage of Value
Education Mill Rate
SAMA View online tool
In 2013, SAMA undertook a province-wide reassessment of property within the province. This reassessment shifted and increased some property values for our ratepayers. For more information about the process and resulting changes visit: this link
We also have more information on our website at: this link to the Assessment page on our website.