For road permits, call Roadata at 1-844-232-7275

Discretionary Use Applications

Each zoning district has a list of uses that are ​discretionary​, which means they require the approval of Council. A Discretionary Use Application Form ​must be submitted to the Planning Department along with the application fee.

All landowers surrounding the subject property will be notified of the application, and a public hearing will be held to receive comments, written or verbal, for or against the application. Council may approve the application, deny the application, or table the application to a future meeting. It is common for Council to approve an application with conditions that must be met for the approval to remain valid.