New OCP and Zoning Bylaw
Here they are! The draft new Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaw. We thank residents and members of the business community who participated in our engagement process up to this point and helped inform these important documents.
We want your feedback! You can submit comments by:
Contacting our Planning Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 26, 2 to 8 p.m.
June 27, 2 to 8 p.m.
What is an Official Community Plan (OCP)?
- Outlines the municipality's vision for the future based on public feedback
- Guides decisions relating to planning and development in the municipality
- Provides a framework for the physical, environment, social and cultural development of the municipality
- Implemented through the regulations in the Zoning Bylaw
What is a Zoning Bylaw?
- Regulates type, location, and intensity of land use and buildings
- Provides development standards to achieve safety and uniformity of development
- Outlines the process for rezoning land and applying for permits to develop property
How does this affect me?
- Indicates what types of development could be expected in your community
- Provides framework for how you can subdivide or develop your property
- Articulates our vision for the future of the municipality based on public comments received during the early stakeholder engagement program in the spring of 2017