Controlled Burns

Are you planning a controlled burn of your agricultural material?

Call the Provincial Controlled Burn Line at (866) 404-4911 before beginning any controlled burns.

Questions you may be asked include:

  • What is your land location?
  • What is your RM number?
  • Where will you be burning?
  • What are you burning?
  • How long will your burn last?
  • What is your name and phone number?

After the burn has been completed, you must call the Provincial Controlled Burn Line.

Pursuant to the RM's False Alarm Bylaw, if a fire department responds to a call reported from a passerby and you do not report your controlled burn, you may be charged a false alarm fee.