November 9th, 2022 for Divisions 2, 4, and 6, and By-Election for Division 1
The next regularly scheduled election is November 9th, 2022, for Divisions 2, 4, and 6. Due to the resignation of Councillor Craig Strudwick, there will also be a by-election for Division 1 on November 9th, 2022.
Voting Day - Wednesday, November 9th, 2022
Voting Day is Wednesday, November 9th, 2022. Eligible voters can vote for municipal Council at the RM Office, located at 100 Hutchence Road, Emerald Park SK, S4L 1C6, from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
All residents of Divisions 1, 2, 4, and 6 will be able to vote once to elect someone to the position of Councillor for their area. Residents in Divisions 3, 5, and 7 can vote to elect their Councillor at the next scheduled election in November 2024.
To learn more about voting, click here.
Running for Council
If you are interested in running for Council or want to learn more, click here.
As part of the Women in Government Program and to promote civic engagement and make it easier to participate in the election process, Council has more than quadrupled the number of advance voting days! While previously the RM had 1 advanced voting day, for this election, the number of days has been expanded to 6.
Advanced voting occurs at the RM Office at 100 Hutchence Road, Emerald Park, SK.
Advanced voting days and times include:
|Monday, October 31st, 2022||9:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday, November 1st, 2022||9:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday, November 2nd, 2022||9:00 AM to 8:00 PM|
|Thursday, November 3rd, 2022||9:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Friday, November 4th, 2022||9:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Saturday, November 5th, 2022||10:00 AM to 2:00 PM|
New - Mail-In Voting
Alongside expanding the number of advanced voting days, the RM of Edenwold No. 158 has recently adopted Bylaw No. 2022-43 Mail-In Ballot Bylaw. Under this bylaw, residents can sign up to vote for municipal elections using a mail-in voting system. Mail-in ballot voting systems are frequently used across the region, including in the RM of Sherwood (surrounding Regina), the Town of Balgonie, the RM of Corman Park (surrounding Saskatoon), and the Province of Saskatchewan.
Mail-In voting follows a safe and secure method to guarantee the safety of the election and election results. To vote using a mail-in ballot:
Note: The RM must receive your ballot no later than 8:00 PM on November 9th, 2022. Any mail-in votes received after 8:00 PM on the 9th will be deemed ineligible.
- Complete Form R - Voter's Registration Form and Poll Book - Mail-In Ballot and Form C - Declaration of Person Requesting a Mail-In Ballot. Submit these forms to the RM by dropping them off at the RM Office, located at 100 Hutchence Road, Emerald Park SK, S4L 1C6, by mailing them to the RM Office, or by scanning and emailing them to email@example.com. You can register to vote by mail-in ballot up to November 8th (the day before the election).
- Upon receiving the completed Forms R and C, RM staff will create a ballot kit. This ballot kit will include ballots, a Ballot Security Envelope (labelled Envelope A), a Voter Confirmation Envelope (labelled Envelope B), an Outer Envelope (labelled Envelope C), and a Mail-In Ballot Voting Instruction Sheet. RM staff will mail the completed ballot kit to the address you provided in Form R. You can also pick up the kit from the RM Office by giving advanced notice.
- Upon receiving the ballot kit, follow the steps on the Mail-In Ballot Voting Instruction Sheet to vote.
- After you have voted and completed all steps on the instruction sheet, submit the Outer Envelope (C) to the RM by dropping it off at the RM Office or mailing it to the RM Office. If you choose to mail it to the RM Office, postage has already been paid by the RM.
- Congratulations! You have voted! Thank you for participating in the election process!
The next regularly scheduled election (after the election on November 9th, 2022) is in November 2024 for Divisions 1, 3, 5, and 7, and the position of Reeve.
Please check back closer to the date for more information about the November 2024 election.