Voting Information


Advance polls and election day polls are held at the RM of Edenwold municipal office at 100 Hutchence Road in Emerald Park, SK. All polling information is announced on the RM website, social media sites, in local post offices and with signage at the RM office.

Who Can Vote?

To be eligible to vote, you must be at least 18 years old, be a Canadian citizen, and qualify as one of the following:

  • A resident in the rural municipality for at least three consecutive months immediately preceding the day of the election.
  • The registered owner (or purchaser under a bona fide agreement for sale) of land in the rural municipality.
  • Assessed with respect to land in the rural municipality under a lease, license, permit, or contract in agreement with the registered owner.
  • Assessed with respect to an improvement in the rural municipality.
  • Hold a permit in the rural municipality with respect to a trailer or mobile home.
  • A spouse of a person mentioned in bullet point (2), (3), (4), or (5) above; or the chief executive officer of a duly incorporated co-operative, corporation or religious association that is assessed on the last revised assessment roll with respect to property in the rural municipality that is not exempt from taxation.

Councillors are elected by voters qualifying to vote in the division they are seeking election to represent. The bottom right corner of your RM property tax notice contains the information about the division you live in.

Valid identification to use at polls

To vote you must provide valid identification with your photo, name and address. Bringing government-issued photo ID is your best option. Other options include:

  • A valid Saskatchewan Driver's License
  • A valid Saskatchewan ID card issued by SGI or any motor license issuer
  • Any other valid government-issued photo ID issued by a Canadian government whether federal, provincial or municipal, or an agency of that government, so long as it includes your name and address

Note: A Canadian passport is not an acceptable form of photo identification because it does not contain your address. However, a Canadian passport can be used as identification if paired with another document that has your name and address on it.

Non-Photo ID Options

If you don't have photo identification and are unable to obtain photo-ID before election day, you can present two other pieces of information, as long as both contain your name and at least one contains your address. Options include:

  • Valid ID cards or certificates issued by the Canadian or Saskatchewan government, a Saskatchewan municipality or school division, a Saskatchewan Indian band, the Métis Nation of  Saskatchewan or an agency of one of these entities
  • Personal correspondence, benefit/contribution statements and tax/assessment notices issued by any of the above entities
  • Bank/credit union cards, credit cards and statements
  • Utility bills and statements issued within six months of the date of the election
  • Personalized attestation of residence, letter of stay or admission form issued by a seniors or student residence, long term care or shelter facility


A person without acceptable ID but who is accompanied by another voter who has acceptable ID and is entitled to vote at the same polling place can be vouched for by that individual using the form available at the polling station from an election official.

A voter with acceptable ID may only vouch for one other person, except for immediate family members living at the same address as the voucher.

A person who has been vouched for cannot vouch for another voter.

Election officials, candidates and candidate's agents are prohibited from vouching.